The run will start at 9 am meeting at Calebreck carpark (NY 345358), the route will be approx 6 miles, taking in High Pike and Carrock Fell.
PLEASE COME DRESSED IN A HAWAIIAN (or similar) LOUD PRINT SHIRT. (You can wear it over your running gear if weather incremental of course- no excuses!)
We will have a fun race (of sorts) on the tops, where each runner has to guess the time it will take them personally to run from High Pike to Carrock summit. Prizes for the runner closest to their pre-estimated time, and prize for the loudest shirt too!
This run will be a steady pace, suitable for those newish to fell running.
No further Interval sessions until Spring 2019. Instead an ‘Intervals Box’.
The interval team have placed a ‘Intervals Box’ hidden at Bowscale tarn. The idea is to encourage members to continue their interval reps up to the tarn over the winter period. When you do a interval session up to the tarn, find the box and record your effort in the notebook. The location of the box is under stone behind large boulder just before the tarn, 1 meter to the left of path.
Club run information
We meet every second Sunday (what ever the weather) for social club runs.
The start points, distance and routes change each meet. The aim of the club run is to improve stamina through steady pace and mileage increases, as well as to have fun.
We are a friendly and welcoming club and of course we always look out for each other. If you are joining one of our social runs we ask that;
If you are joining us for the first time you contact us before hand – so we know to expect you and we can answer any questions you might have. You can do so via our Facebook page or from the Contacts on this website.
- That you are capable of running 6 miles of the road or trails.
- That you carry ‘FRA minimum kit’, that is:
- Waterproof top with hood and taped seams
- Waterproof trousers with taped seams
- Additional warm layer to be carried during colder month (i.e. October to March)
- Food and drink dependant on distance & individual requirements
- You accept the risks associated with Fell Running and that you are joining us at your own risk.
- That neither the Run Leader nor Northern Fell Running Club shall be liable to you for any injury, loss or damage of any nature to you or your property arising out of your participation in this social run.
The ‘Run Leader’ Risk Assessment can be downloaded <HERE>