Sunday 25th August – Glenderaterra loop – Led by Chris Curtis
Meet 9am at the bottom of Spooney Green Lane on Brundholme Road (NY 268241).
A winding trail run through the woods on the lower slopes of Latrigg, over to the Blencathra centre then along the valley side loop (Skiddaw house direction) and back along the Cumbria way to Keswick.
Approximately 10 miles. Suitable for everyone, so everyone welcome.
Sunday 8th September – Blencathra – Led by Jenny Russell
Meet 9am at the phone box in Mungrisdale (NY 362303).
A variation of the Blencathra race route that avoids the steep descent at the end. It’s around 8 miles with 800 metres of ascent. If the weather’s poor we will do an alternative circuit of the lower fells. Expect to be out around two hours. It is suitable for those who have recently started running in the fells or more experienced club runners for a social run to this popular summit. You must have fell shoes and be prepared to carry waterproofs.
No further Interval sessions until Spring 2019. Instead an ‘Intervals Box’.
The interval team have placed a ‘Intervals Box’ hidden at Bowscale tarn. The idea is to encourage members to continue their interval reps up to the tarn over the winter period. When you do a interval session up to the tarn, find the box and record your effort in the notebook. The location of the box is under stone behind large boulder just before the tarn, 1 meter to the left of path.
Club run information
We meet every second Sunday (what ever the weather) for social club runs.
The start points, distance and routes change each meet. The aim of the club run is to improve stamina through steady pace and mileage increases, as well as to have fun.
We are a friendly and welcoming club and of course we always look out for each other. If you are joining one of our social runs we ask that;
If you are joining us for the first time you contact us before hand – so we know to expect you and we can answer any questions you might have. You can do so via our Facebook page or from the Contacts on this website.
- That you are capable of running 6 miles of the road or trails.
- That you carry ‘FRA minimum kit’, that is:
- Waterproof top with hood and taped seams
- Waterproof trousers with taped seams
- Additional warm layer to be carried during colder month (i.e. October to March)
- Food and drink dependant on distance & individual requirements
- You accept the risks associated with Fell Running and that you are joining us at your own risk.
- That neither the Run Leader nor Northern Fell Running Club shall be liable to you for any injury, loss or damage of any nature to you or your property arising out of your participation in this social run.
The ‘Run Leader’ Risk Assessment can be downloaded <HERE>