The club has Social club runs every 2nd Sunday of each month, and every Monday evening.
MONDAY CLUB RUNS
Meet at Nether Row, Near Caldbeck at 6 pm (what ever the weather) including bank holidays. A circuit of High Pike each time with some variations on route choice.
The parking area is Grid ref: 324 378
Meet at the car park below the track to Bowscale Tarn. 7pm Tuesday evenings. If the weather is really awful or roads icey or too snowy etc then usually cancelled. Up hill interval training, approx 40 min workout. Work as hard or as not as you want! If no one turns up then do them on your own. Parking Grid Ref. NY358316
SUNDAY SOCIAL CLUB RUN
The next Sunday Club run is Sunday 6th May.
The next Sunday Club run is Sunday 6th May 2018. This will be a recce of the Fairfield Horseshoe route led by Natalie. Meet at Mungrizdale road end/A66 at 7.15 am to car share to start of recce. The race route is approx 15km and 900m ascent, and a recce can take 2-3 hours. Sorry for early start folks, but best for me to get it done early on this date.
Future Social Club run’s:
Sunday 20th May – Led by Rose Singleton
Sunday 3rd June – Led by Richard Clarke
Sunday 17th June
Sunday 1st July
Club run information
We meet every second Sunday (what ever the weather) for social club runs and every Monday evening.
The start points, distance and routes change each meet. The aim of the club run is to improve stamina through steady pace and mileage increases, as well as to have fun.
We are a friendly and welcoming club and of course we always look out for each other. If you are joining one of our social runs we ask that;
If you are joining us for the first time you contact us before hand – so we know to expect you and we can answer any questions you might have. You can do so via our Facebook page or from the Contacts on this website.
- That you are capable of running 6 miles of the road or trails.
- That you carry ‘FRA minimum kit’, that is:
- Waterproof top with hood and taped seams
- Waterproof trousers with taped seams
- Additional warm layer to be carried during colder month (i.e. October to March)
- Food and drink dependant on distance & individual requirements
- You accept the risks associated with Fell Running and that you are joining us at your own risk.
- That neither the Run Leader nor Northern Fell Running Club shall be liable to you for any injury, loss or damage of any nature to you or your property arising out of your participation in this social run.
The ‘Run Leader’ Risk Assessment can be downloaded <HERE>