The club has Social club runs every 2nd Sunday of each month, and every Monday evening.
MONDAY CLUB RUNS
Meet at Nether Row, Near Caldbeck at 5.30pm (what ever the weather) including bank holidays. A circuit of High Pike each time with some variations on route choice.
The parking area just before Chris Bonington’s house. Grid ref: 324 378
SUNDAY SOCIAL CLUB RUN
Sunday 17th December – Longland’s Loop – Lead by Chris Curtis, meet at Longland’s Hamlet carpark, fell gate 9 am. Parking Grid Ref: 266358
Sunday 31st December – New Year Eve Special – Skiddaw House for tea and cake + a last chance to set a cloven stone run record for 2017!! Bring mince pies, cake and left over Xmas goodies. Meet at top of Swineside carpark at 9 am or meet at Skiddaw house at 10 am and approach from any direction you like. Parking Grid Ref: 327327
Club run information
We meet every second Sunday (what ever the weather) for social club runs and every Monday evening.
The start points, distance and routes change each meet. The aim of the club run is to improve stamina through steady pace and mileage increases, as well as to have fun.
We are a friendly and welcoming club and of course we always look out for each other. If you are joining one of our social runs we ask that;
If you are joining us for the first time you contact us before hand – so we know to expect you and we can answer any questions you might have. You can do so via our Facebook page or from the Contacts on this website.
- That you are capable of running 6 miles of the road or trails.
- That you carry ‘FRA minimum kit’, that is:
- Waterproof top with hood and taped seams
- Waterproof trousers with taped seams
- Additional warm layer to be carried during colder month (i.e. October to March)
- Food and drink dependant on distance & individual requirements
- You accept the risks associated with Fell Running and that you are joining us at your own risk.
- That neither the Run Leader nor Northern Fell Running Club shall be liable to you for any injury, loss or damage of any nature to you or your property arising out of your participation in this social run.
The ‘Run Leader’ Risk Assessment can be downloaded <HERE>