Meet at the car park below the track to Bowscale Tarn. 7pm Tuesday evenings. If the weather is really awful or roads icey or too snowy etc then usually cancelled. Up hill interval training, approx 40 min workout. Work as hard or as not as you want! If no one turns up then do them on your own. Bring a head torch. Parking Grid Ref. NY358316
SUNDAY SOCIAL CLUB RUN
The next Sunday club run is Sunday October 21st. A loop of Gowbarrow Fell, about 11km, 500m of climbing, starting at 9 am at the Aira Force (Lower one) car park. Led by John and Helen Horne.
Sunday October 7th – No club run – HBMR
Sunday October 21st – John and Helen Horne – Gowbarrow Fell
Sunday November 4th – Chris Curtis
Sunday November 18th – Jenny Russell
Sunday December2nd – Richard Clarke
Sunday December 16th – Natalie hawkrigg
Sunday December 30th – Claire Dickinson
Club run information
We meet every second Sunday (what ever the weather) for social club runs and every Monday evening.
The start points, distance and routes change each meet. The aim of the club run is to improve stamina through steady pace and mileage increases, as well as to have fun.
We are a friendly and welcoming club and of course we always look out for each other. If you are joining one of our social runs we ask that;
If you are joining us for the first time you contact us before hand – so we know to expect you and we can answer any questions you might have. You can do so via our Facebook page or from the Contacts on this website.
- That you are capable of running 6 miles of the road or trails.
- That you carry ‘FRA minimum kit’, that is:
- Waterproof top with hood and taped seams
- Waterproof trousers with taped seams
- Additional warm layer to be carried during colder month (i.e. October to March)
- Food and drink dependant on distance & individual requirements
- You accept the risks associated with Fell Running and that you are joining us at your own risk.
- That neither the Run Leader nor Northern Fell Running Club shall be liable to you for any injury, loss or damage of any nature to you or your property arising out of your participation in this social run.
The ‘Run Leader’ Risk Assessment can be downloaded <HERE>